Finding a PMP Certification Training Course is an important decision you’ll make on your journey to pass the Project Management Professional exam.
Many students learn better in a traditional classroom-type setting rather than from a self-paced prep course. We have researched and reviewed the best PMP certification classes online to help you better compare them.
The comparison chart below will help you decide which PMP certification study materials best fit your needs.
(also, if you feel like a PMP course that is strictly online and on-demand would be better for you, check out our recommendation here)
Best Live-Online PMP Certification Prep Courses
EduMind PMP Course (Rank: #1)
COURSE RATING: ★★★★★
- No Time Wasted: If you sign up for EduMind’s live online PMP weekend classes, you’ll be finished in a very short time span. The seven days of online lectures are broken up over three weekends, ensuring you don’t spend any more time than is absolutely necessary.
- Extra Materials: Although the primary draw for this PMP course is the online lecture content, EduMind sweetens the deal with access to their full Study Kit when you enroll. This means you can reinforce your knowledge by practicing with their online exam simulator and mobile app.
- Not Affordable: If you’re trying to get some live online PMP prep but don’t have a large budget, this is not the right option for you. In comparison, PM Master Prep offers similar content at a far more reasonable asking price.
Bottom Line: EduMind is a well-known and trustworthy provider of professional-level education. They offer insightful lecture content supplemented by helpful study materials, but it’s just too expensive to be truly valuable. You can find similar (or better) resources without paying nearly as much.
Certification Academy PMP Training Review (Rank: #2)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★
Certification Academy PMP Course – PROS
- Focused Learning: Certification Academy’s “boot camp” program is focused on removing as many distractions as possible. Doing so makes you much more focused when studying and lets you immerse yourself in the materials. Plus, studying with others in a classroom environment keeps you accountable and on task when you need it most.
- Experienced Instructors: Each program comes with a well trained and experienced instructor. Their job is to convert the jargon heavy language of the PMBOK Guide into simple and practical terms. They’ll also help you connect what you’ve learned to your own practical experience.
- Fast Prep: Each Certification Academy course takes place over the course of 4 days. That’s because it’s intended for people who learned their trade through experience. You’ll learn all the core concepts of project management and advanced risk management techniques.
- Limited Availability: Unfortunately, Certification Academy’s webinars and in-person seminars will occasionally sell out. Many of them only happen in certain locations during specific dates, so you might need to schedule ahead if you’re interested in signing up.
Bottom Line: If you can afford it, Certification Academy has a lot to offer. Their content is much more focused than their competitors and they employ highly trained instructors. They’ll ensure that you pass the PM exam!
GreyCampus PMP Course (Rank: #3)
COURSE RATING: ★★★★★
- One-on-One Time with an Instructor: Instructors have 10+ years’ experience in Project Management, and are active PMP certificate holders, so you know you will be getting great instruction when you get your individual coaching time. You also get 24/7 customer support and access to a 30-day instructor helpline if you are in between live PMP class sessions.
- 1 Full Year of Access: GreyCampus gives you access to their PMP Certification program materials for 12 months, which is several months more than most competitors. You’ll have more than enough time to learn and practice the material before the exam. Note that you only get 30 days to take advantage of the instructor helpline, so be sure to schedule your PMP certification exam prep to maximize the use of that feature.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: GreyCampus offers a 100% money back guarantee if you do not pass the Project Management Professional exam the first time you take it. You must take the PMP certification exam within 14 days of completing the course completion, finish the entire course, pay all enrollment fees, and pass 2 of the Mock Tests in the GreyCampus portal with a score of at least 75% to qualify.
- Mobile App: GreyCampus has a mobile app for Android users with some free content as well as access to 13 knowledge area exams and more than 200 flashcards. This is a nice extra because you will want to study in between your live PMP classes whenever you have time in order to get the most out of the course. Unfortunately, there is no app for iOS devices.
Bottom Line: All of the instructors associate with GreyCampus are highly experienced and their Android mobile app is convenient for students on the go. They also offer a full year of access to their material.
Save 10% on Grey Campus Live-Online and Live
Cyber Monday Sale! Save 20% on Grey Campus Live-Online and Live
Save 50% on Grey Campus Self-Learning Courses
Cyber Monday Sale! Save 70% on Grey Campus Self-Learning Courses
Simplilearn PMP Certification (Rank: #4)
COURSE RATING: ★★★★★
- Excellent Resources: In addition to online PMP classes with an instructor, you will get five full-length PMP Simulation Exams, 83 Chapter-end quizzes, and 4 PMP exam simulations to practice exam-like questions. The live online course includes full access to all of the online PMP materials available in the Self-Learning course, so you can keep studying even when you are not in class.
- Free Material: Simplilearn offers multiple extras with each PMP course offering. Although these vary, special offers often include a free course (such as PMI’s Agile Certified Practitioner course and Microsoft Project 2013), a free 200-question PMP Simulation test, and a User Forum with free advice and support.
- 86 PDUs and 35 PMI Contact Hours: You get 86 PDUs with the Simplilearn PMP preparation course; this is in addition to the 35 contact hour requirement for taking the PMP exam. That is considerably more PDUs than most competitors offer. After you have completed the requisite number of hours on Simplilearn’s website, you will be issued the 35 contact hours certificate at no additional cost.
- Money Back Guarantee: Simplilearn offers a 100% Money Back Guarantee, so if you don’t pass using their course you get a full refund! This shows just how confident they are that their course will help you get your PMP certification. using their course risk-free. For their 4-day PMP Bootcamp, the re-examination fee is paid by Simplilearn and the remaining amount is refunded if you do not pass the exam.
Bottom Line: Although SimpliLearn’s PMP training course is of a tremendously high quality, they offer a very generous trial offer and an affordable asking price. Students will also receive several contact hours and PDU’s.
PMstudy PMP Prep Course (Rank: #5)
COURSE RATING: ★★★★★
- Minimal Prep Work: You can complete minimal prep-work to get 40 PMI Contact Hours to apply for the PMP Exam before your class starts. Unlike competitors, PMstudy recommends you attend the live class sessions without doing any PMP certification preparation. This model works best if you take their PMP Training course immediately before the exam. Ideally, you will take a 4-day class, do the homework, and take the exam on the 5th day.
- Free 30 PDUs for Continuing Education: If you sign up for a live online course, your cost includes 30 PMI PDUS, which satisfies continuing education requirements for the first year for certified Project Management Professionals. This is in addition to the 40 PMI Contact Hours you will need in order to sit for the PMP exam.
- More Expensive: PMstudy’s options come at a hefty price. At $1,899, the live virtual course costs significantly more than most competitors’ PMP classes. Their impressive success rate (98.7% of students pass the PMP exam) and the Money Back Guarantee may make the cost worth it for you.
Bottom Line: PMStudy offers a user-friendly and hassle-free PMP certification course that even includes a generous 30 units of CPE. However, all of these enticing features come at an intimidatingly high price.
Amit Patel is the founder and chief writer for Crush the PM Exam. A lifelong student, Patel’s desire for career growth led him to research the many different certifications and career opportunities in the world of project management. Armed with this knowledge, Patel’s new passion is for sharing what he’s learned with his fellow students so they can achieve their dream careers.