If you want to earn more money in your career, the best way to achieve this is through obtaining a professional certification. This is especially true when it comes to management positions; the BLS reported that project managers with a certification earned roughly 18% more than those without one.1
So how can you start making more money? It’s simple— become certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP)!
Trying to select the best PMP course can be a challenge. There is so much information to digest and a multitude of different courses to choose from. We have simplified this process for you so that the selection process is easy.
The difference between successfully passing or failing the PMP exam largely depends on how well your study materials prepare you. Using a PMP online training that doesn’t match your learning style can cause you to score lower and even fail your exam, costing you months of study time and additional exam fees. CRUSH is here to make sure that doesn’t happen!
We have researched and reviewed every major online project management course on the market so you don’t have to! The comparison chart below will help you determine which study materials best fit your needs.
Which PMP course is right for you?
Take this short questionnaire to help you decide which PMP course is the right choice for your wants and needs.
Here are the Top 7 Best Project Management Professional (PMP) Online Training Courses & Study Materials in September 2021:
- Brain Sensei PMP Review Course
- PM PrepCast Review Course
- ExamsPM Prep Course
- PM Master Prep Course
- Grey Campus PMP Review Course
- Velociteach PMP Review Course
- CyberVista PMP Review Course
Brain Sensei PMP Review (Rank: #1)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
What To Expect
Brain Sensei is unlike any other project management test prep course on this list. They’re different in the best possible way— especially if you have difficulty paying attention during online classes.
Instead of providing the same dry curriculum of lectures, textbooks, and practice quizzes, this course immerses you into a story that takes place in feudal Japan. Through an interactive storytelling experience, you’ll quickly understand core project management concepts and how they apply to real-world situations.
You’ll still take quizzes when working through each lesson; Brain Sensei has over 1,000 unique practice questions similar to the ones found on the actual exam. And with 35 contact hours in total, you’ll be fully prepared to pass the PMP exam once you finish the story!
Brain Sensei Includes:
- 1,000+ Practice Questions and 4 Practice Exams
- 50+ Hours of Video Content
- 9 Month Access Period
- Free Trial & Pass Guarantee
Brain Sensei Pros & Cons:
- Interactive Lessons with Storytelling:Unlike competing PMP courses, Brain Sensei will draw you into a story of a female Samurai who overcomes project planning challenges in Feudal Japan. What this registered education provider prioritizes is the creation of a memorable learning experience. After all, when you receive information in the form of a story, it’s easier to absorb and recall it at a later date.
- Fresh Questions: The practice questions you answer through Brain Sensei’s course are psychometrically validated. What does that mean? Put simply, it means they’re constantly adapting to be closer to each student’s educational needs; they’re not just carbon copies of questions you see on the actual exams.
- Your Own Personal Sensei (Instructor): Brain Sensei understands that self-studying with slide shows is not very engaging. That’s why they give you your own personal animated sensei! He acts as your teacher throughout the online course, offering any additional help or questions you may run into.
- 35 Contact Hours Included: Since Brain Sensei is a Registered Education Provider (REP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI), you will receive the 35 hour requirements for the PMP exam. This course is a great way to maximize your study time without having to pay extra for a course that will let you gain contact hours.
- Course Design: While other courses have flashy technology and an innovative website layout, this course is pretty basic and lacking in terms of design. This may be preferred since it is a direct and to-the-point way of learning. There won’t be any distractions that take your focus away from studying.
Bottom Line: What sets this course apart from every single other PMP online study program on the market is their gamified narrative structure. Students even have a virtual instructor in the form of a cartoon Sensei!
Brain Sensei PMP Online Training Discounts & Promo Codes
PM PrepCast PMP Review (Rank: #2)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
What To Expect
When signing up for PM Prepcast, you can expect to spend most of your time working through practice questions. That’s because you get 90 days of access to their PM Exam Simulator, which is the best of its kind.
You’ll have over 2,000 practice questions to work through that are based on essential project management methodologies. Not only will you learn everything contained in the latest version of the PMBOK, but you’ll also become familiar with Agile and Hybrid methodologies as well. This means you’ll have an exceptional foundation after passing the PMP exam that you can use to start your career.
In addition to practice questions and exam simulations, PM Prepcast provides over 100 video lessons covering different project management topics in great detail. As you work through the material, you’ll also have regular self-assessments to track your progress and overall preparedness for the real exam.
Whether you prefer to study at home or on the go, PM Prepcast is easily accessible. They also have a 90-day money back guarantee, so you can get a refund if something goes wrong. But it’s unlikely that you’ll take them up on this offer since they’ve got an excellent support team that includes live feedback for Elite students.
PM Prepcast Includes:
- 2,100+ Practice Questions and 5 Practice Exams
- 120+ Video Lessons
- 90 Day Access Period
- Free Samples & Money-Back Guarantee
PM PrepCast Pros & Cons:
- PM Exam Simulator: If you want to study with the largest library of PMP practice questions possible, look no further. PM Prepcast has more than double the typical number of practice questions in their test bank, and you can even purchase it separately for a reduced cost.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: You can benefit from a study schedule that includes all the important concepts covered on the PMP exam when you enroll in PM Prepcast. However, the addition of Agile and Hybrid methodologies in their curriculum means you’ll thrive in most professional settings once you start your career.
- Limited Access: So many practice questions, so little time. You’ll need to clear your schedule and hit the books every day if you want to make it through all 2,000-plus practice questions in your PM Exam Simulator. If you don’t have the ability to fit that in your schedule, you may prefer an accelerated course like EduMind instead.
Bottom Line: PM Prepcast is far and away the best option if you want to study with the most practice questions and exam simulations. There are several appealing features on top of these that justify enrolling in their Elite course!
PM PrepCast PMP Online Training Discounts & Promo Codes
Save 5% off PM Prepcast Elite Bundle Bundle
Save 5% off PM Exam Simulator
PM Prepcast CAPM Basic Discount, ONLY $259
ExamsPM PMP Training Course (Rank: #3)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
What To Expect
Much like EduMind, ExamsPM provides a fast learning schedule to help prepare you for the PMP exam quicker than other online courses. However, this course takes three times as long to complete— which might be a more comfortable schedule for some students.
Practice questions are the defining characteristic that sets this apart from the other choices on this list. With over 1,500 in their question bank, this is the largest library of exam-accurate questions you can get. This way, you have plenty of content to help you become comfortable with the actual subjects and format of the PMP exam.
There’s one more unique feature to ExamsPM— continuing education. Completing this course will net you additional PDUs outside of the initial contact hour requirement to sit for the exam. These can be applied to your continuing education requirements once you become PMP certified, giving you a big head start on license renewal.
- 1,500+ Practice Questions
- 6 Weeks of Online Training
- 35 Contact Hours + 30 PDUs
- Detailed PMBOK Explanations
ExamsPM Pros & Cons:
- Contact Hours: ExamsPM’s training course has a value beyond its ability to prepare you for the test. It also gives you a 35-contact hour certificate upon completion: one of the prerequisites for PMP certification. This comes at no extra cost so you can save money while working towards your career. Furthermore, the course comes with thirty additional PDUs toward recertification. Consequently, thanks to that you can maintain your certification while working towards the PMP.
- Free Content: Curious about what kind of content is on offer? Check out the free content that ExamsPM provides! Doing so will help you get familiar with the service before deciding if you want to pay for it. Their content includes a study guide, practice exams, a formula guide, and even a free course. Alternatively, few PMP services (or certification exam materials in general) are confident enough in their material to let you see so much of it before you pay!
- Pay For Support: Although ExamsPM offers a highly efficient email support team, it is only for people who buy the exam simulator and online course bundle. Unfortunately, this means that their support is locked behind a $579 purchase. Honestly, each tier is well worth the price of entry; however, it’s disappointing to not have access to support in the lower tiers.
Bottom Line: ExamsPM is a competitive and high-quality course for project managers looking to pass the PMP. Everything about this course is designed to make the process easy and fast, and in just six weeks you’ll be PMP certified. Definitely check ExamsPM out!
ExamsPM Discounts & Promo Codes
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
What To Expect
For many students, it’s more important to have an engaging instructor than a fast-paced schedule or a lot of practice questions. If you fit into this category, then PM Master Prep is worth your attention.
Instructor Scott Payne is experienced and engaging, making him the most memorable aspect of this PMP review course. He’s supported by an online learning environment that encourages collaboration— especially between fellow students over group chats and a private forum. While some online courses can feel lonely, this is one that puts a lot of effort into replicating a traditional classroom setting.
However, you don’t just get engaging lectures; PM Master Prep also provides plenty of study content like practice questions and exams. It falls just short of ExamsPM, but it contains enough video content to rival Brain Sensei.
PM Master Prep Includes:
- 1,400+ Practice Questions
- 50+ Hours of Lectures
- 7 Full-Length Practice Exams
- Student Forum and Group Chat
PM Master Prep Pros & Cons:
- Unlimited Access: The truth is a project manager never really stops learning. Even after you pass the PMP exam and become certified, you may need to come back to your study materials in order to refresh your memory on important terms and concepts. Fortunately, PM Master Prep’s Success Masterclass offers lifetime access, so you’ll always be able to consult this resource in the future.
- Unique Case Studies: PM Master Prep approaches their case studies in a different way from every other registered education provider on this list. In a similar vein to BrainSensei, these cases are combined into one long-form case story. The continuity makes it easier for online PMP candidates to stay engaged while learning important info to pass their certification exam.
- No Memorization: If you’re sick of staying up all night staring at flashcards, PM Master Prep is right up your alley. This is the cure for the common PMP review course, distilling the essence of the exam and the actual experience of working as a project manager. Everything’s still based on the PMBOK— they’re just applied to the real world!
- Limited Tech: As an online prep course, PM Master Prep offers an average experience. It’ll get the job done, but it’s far from the most technologically advanced option available to PMP candidates. The addition of adaptive learning software or mobile device compatibility would help to bring this course into the future of online education.
Bottom Line: Truthfully, there isn’t too much that really makes PM Master Prep stand out. However, it’s still an extremely well-designed PMP prep course that will be a tremendous help to any student who enrolls in it. Better yet, they offer a substantial volume of practice questions and flashcards for a very reasonable price; that alone might make it worth your attention!
Grey Campus PMP Review Course (Rank: #5)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
Grey Campus Includes:
- 13 Practice Quizzes & 3 Full-Length Practice Exams
- Student Forum & Instructor Support Line
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Android Mobile App
Grey Campus PMP Pros & Cons:
- One-on-One Time with an Instructor: Instructors have 10+ years’ experience in Project Management, and are active PMP certificate holders, so you know you will be getting great instruction when you get your individual coaching time. You also get 24/7 customer support and access to a 30-day instructor helpline if you are in between live PMP class sessions.
- Fantastic Support: GreyCampus has one of the best support teams you can find in a PMP exam review course. There are many avenues for you to seek assistance, whether you’ve experienced an issue with the course not working properly, or you need to speak to an instructor to better understand a specific exam concept. Feel free to reach out via forum posts, email, phone, or their 24/7 Instructor Helpline.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: GreyCampus offers a 100% money back guarantee if you do not pass the Project Management Professional exam the first time you take it. You must take the PMP certification exam within 14 days of completing the course completion, finish the entire course, pay all enrollment fees, and pass 2 of the Mock Tests in the GreyCampus portal with a score of at least 75% to qualify.
- Access Period: Although you should have enough time to go through all of GreyCampus’s study materials, the discrepancy in access periods for some of their study materials can trip you up if you’re unaware. For example, their instructor helpline, practice questions, and exam simulations are all accessible for a full year; however, their live bootcamps are only available for six months.
Bottom Line: All of the instructors associated with GreyCampus are highly experienced and you can contact them easily if you have any extra questions. This is a terrific option for instructor-led PMP prep!
Velociteach PMP Review Course (Rank: #6)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
- 1,100 Practice Questions
- 40+ Hours of Lectures
- 4 Full-Length Practice Exams
Velociteach PMP Pros & Cons:
- Practice Exams: Practice exams are the true bread and butter of Velociteach’s training. Each one is 200 questions long and typically takes around 4 hours to complete. These tests are used to get used to the format and content of the actual PMP exam. Because of that, you can enter your certification exam with confidence gained through experience!
- Comprehensive Exam Outlines: Velociteach really wants you to understand the PMP exam down to its core. In order to do so, they give you a series of exam outlines that break the test down into three key parts. Each key part is then further split into 10 areas of study. Essentially, each aspect of the exam can be tackled as a bite sized session through lectures and exam outlines.
- Audio/Video Lectures: In addition to their exams, Velociteach also comes with a series of audio and video lectures. Each lesson comes with a set of quizzes and practice sheets to ensure you really understand what’s being taught to you; it’s a great way to keep track of your study progress. In total, Velociteach courses come with 47 contact hours of video and audio instruction.
- Limited Subscription Time: Currently, you can only sign up for a 1 month, 3 month, or 6 month access period for PMP review. Unless you’re able to devote all of your time to studying, this just might not be enough for some people. Until Velociteach expands their access periods, you may end up needing to re-enroll once or twice.
Bottom Line: Velociteach has a lot to offer, but it’s hard to recommend a course with such a limited access time. If you’re a fast worker or are willing to pay a little extra for content, then this course is perfect for you. Otherwise, consider the other options on this list.
CyberVista PMP Training Course (Rank: #7)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
- 650+ Practice Questions
- 20+ Hours of Lectures
- 6 Month Access Period
CyberVista PMP Pros & Cons:
- Cloud Synchronization: Thanks to the use of powerful cloud storage, you can access CyberVista’s PMP review materials on different devices and seamlessly continue from your last stopping point. And since their course dashboard is designed to accommodate mobile devices, you won’t have any issues using your smartphone or tablet for studying!
- Discounted Package: If you’re already enrolled in a full PMP review course and just need a quick supplement, CyberVista offers an extremely affordable practice exam package. This is a great way to get some last-minute cram materials without having to pay any renewal fees if you’re taking the PMP exam for a second time.
- Limited Library: It’s nice that CyberVista’s PMP review course is so inexpensive, but this comes at the cost of volume. Compared to most other prep courses, you’ll have significantly fewer practice questions, video lecture hours, and other study materials if you choose this study package.
Bottom Line: While it’s not quite good enough to crack the top five PMP courses, CyberVista is a fantastic resource for students who want a quick and affordable supplement to their study schedule— especially if they want some good last-minute cram materials they can access on their smartphone.
PM Campus PMP Training Online (Rank: #8)
OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
PM Campus Pros & Cons:
- E-Coaching Available: Options include a help desk and “ask an expert” feature, however, you can also pay for additional, live E-coaching to augment your prep course. This is ideal if you want to identify and work on your weak areas under the guidance of an experienced tutor, are struggling to remain motivated in an online course, or need additional help answering questions and practice problems.
- Free Trial & Mock Exam: A free trial gives you access to the online Training Center and includes content from the Platinum PMP Prep Exam Bundle. There is also a free PMP mock exam with 200 practice questions. The free trial allows you to try before you buy to make sure the course you choose is the best match for your situation.
- Limited Number of Practice Questions: With only 600 practice questions and three full-length simulated exams, PMCampus lags behind other PMP course competitors. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect, and it is always better to practice many different questions to prepare for the actual exam.
Bottom Line: Unfortunately, PM Campus doesn’t offer very many questions for students to answer in their PMP prep course. Fortunately, they do provide several options for reaching out to a counselor or instructor.
How We Picked The Best PMP Review Courses
There are tons of companies offering online review courses for project management certifications. So why did we pick these ones over all the rest?
Any project manager will tell you that attention to detail is extremely important to their profession. So it’s important that any company offering to help you pass the PMP exam meets these detailed criteria:
- They use the most recent edition of the PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) to structure their curriculum.
- Their prep courses meet the 35 contact hour requirement to sit for the PMP exam.
- Their instructors are licensed PMPs with professional experience managing projects.
- They have verified reviews from real people who have used their courses to pass their exams.
All of the courses we’ve listed above meet these mandatory requirements— but that’s not the only reason that we picked them. All of these prep courses go above and beyond to provide the most effective educational resources for enrolled students, even if they approach PMP exam preparation in different ways.
How To Choose The Best PMP Training Course For You
No two students are alike; we all have different strengths, weaknesses, and preferences that determine the way in which we absorb information.
If you’re unsure which of these courses is the best fit to help you pass the PMP exam, you can easily figure it out by identifying your personal learning style. When we recommend educational materials to students, we use Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences as the basis.
Here are some examples of different learning styles. Check them out and see if you fit the description for any of them!
Spatial vs. Linguistic Intelligence
These two categories are also sometimes defined as visual and audible learning.
Someone with high spatial intelligence would be considered an excellent visual learner, and find it easier to absorb knowledge when presented through diagrams, charts, and other visual representations of data. If you’re a visual learner, you should pick a PMP review course with a lot of video lectures and slideshows.
On the other hand, linguistic intelligence is typically connected with audible learners, who find it easier to understand information that is spoken to them. Students with this form of intelligence can benefit from video lectures as well, although they may prefer to only listen to the audio without any visual accompaniment.
Both spatial and linguistic learners can benefit from textbooks that are well-written and have lots of detailed visual elements.
Interpersonal vs. Intrapersonal Intelligence
These two learning styles can be simplified as extroverted versus introverted.
A student with interpersonal intelligence will have an easier time learning in a collaborative environment with other students. If you prefer to learn in this kind of setting, look for a PMP review course with live classes and community features like an online forum.
Alternatively, intrapersonal intelligence is seen in students who prefer to learn on their own, with little to no input from others. PMP review courses with a lot of practice questions, study texts, and flashcards are a good choice if you’re this kind of learner.
Frequently Asked Questions about the PMP Exam
Still unsure about the ins and outs of becoming a Project Management Professional? Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about the PMP exam:
What is PMP training?
The training process to become PMP certified involves learning about project management methodology. Stanford University defines this methodology as the incorporation of five phases: Planning, Executing, Monitoring, Controlling, and Closing.2
Is PMP training really worth it?
If you want to earn more money in a professional management position, yes! According to data gathered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), PMPs can earn 25% more than non certified project managers in the USA. Additionally, your earning power can increase by an extra 30% over ten years of employment if you maintain this credential.3
What is the best online PMP training?
The best online resource for PMP review will depend on your individual preferences. BrainSensei is highly recommended because it has a unique design that helps you stay motivated when studying— while still containing the relevant study material and meeting the full contact hour requirement.
How do you rate this PMP training course review?
Amit Patel is the founder and chief writer for Crush the PM Exam. A lifelong student, Patel’s desire for career growth led him to research the many different certifications and career opportunities in the world of project management. Armed with this knowledge, Patel’s new passion is for sharing what he’s learned with his fellow students so they can achieve their dream careers.